Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Long Break


Apologies for the long break in posts.  Things have been up and down for me on the paladin.  I have pretty much given up on retribution in dungeons and raids.  Mainly due to my guild not raiding.  Also due to not having the required patience to wait in 45 minute ques.

I got on a 2's and a 3's team as retribution.  I am liking the damage I can put out if I can sit on a target for long enough to ramp up my damage.  Unfortunately these occurrences are few and far between.  My self heals are awfur and my ability to take hits sucks.  Oh yeah my mobility is a lot better but, unfortunately to maintain that I spam cleanse every gcd.  For those at home this means my main damage source during these times is auto attack.  I have found that I do fairly well versus healers due to rebuking every cooldown.  Unfortunately this means the healers partner is pounding on my partner which doesn't work out well after HoP wears off.  The best times are when they focus on me for a few seconds which allows my partner to lay the hurt on them until they peel.  Unfortunately I don't have the DPS to return the favor when they focus on him.  Sometimes HoP works to peel but most times they wait it out.

As for PvE, I have finished off the first 2 zones and the last one.  Currently working on deepholm while in que for bg's.  I have not successfully completed a single heroic instance yet.  I dont feel comfortable tanking one yet and don't want to sit in que for 45 minutes.  We will see how it goes when I have gotten all the rep gear and the regular dungeon drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment