Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Monday raid night

Monday night is raid night in my guild so, last night we went to naxx-10.

Anub’Rekhan-
This boss has turned fairly easy since we figured out that the tank needs to tank him outside of the ooze stuff. The fight went well. We didn’t lose anyone. The DPS plate dropped but I lost the roll to our DK.

Grand Widow Faerlina-
It only took one shot on this boss as well. I didn’t get any drops from this one. This is an interesting boss. I am glad that someone figured out that to beat her you need to kill one of her minions every time she enrages. On the first enrage timer I had to go help the OT DPS the first sacrifice but, after that one the OT had to turn his back on the others for most of the fight or risk killing them to early.

Maexxna-
We ended up wiping a couple of times on this one. One problem in being the highest DPS in the raid is that when the tank dies you follow him to the grave pretty quickly. Our OT was able to pick him/her up fairly fast but, not fast enough for me to live. After two wipes we were able to time the web wraps enough so that the tank didn’t die and next thing you know we have the spider wing done. Then I had to argue with myself for awhile on whether I wanted the polearm or not but, in the end decided to take it and play around with it to see if I could get more DPS out of it. Since I am hit capped and the purple mace I have has a bunch of hit on it I might be able to get a little more DPS. I don’t like the fact is has no strength on it but I will have to give it a try in the world to see how it works out.

We had to talk for a few minutes on which wing to do next since we weren’t sure if we had the DPS for patchwork yet but, after one of the healers dropped to run his hunter we figured to give it a try.

Patchwork-
First try we had everyone jump in the slime except the main tank. The problem with that is when you do that your mana drops as well. Since we weren’t sure about this strategy one of the healers jumped in as well. I ran out of mana. The healer ran out of mana. Then we all ran out of life. The next try I didn’t jump in and the healer didn’t jump in since I would not my own life down with SoB and if he hit me once with the strike thing it would be ok as I could live through one of them and that would make me not get another one. We died one more time and then we were able to kill him. I can’t remember the drops unfortunately. Except that our priest healer got some boots.

We then tried Grobulus but only got two tries before the priest and both called it. Maybe we will actually get our Thursday run in and advance a little bit more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment