Thursday, February 5, 2009

First visit to VoA

I finished changing out my gems for all blue level gems on Tuesday just in time for one of my guildies to ask in guild chat if anyone wanted to tank or DPS heroic VoA. I volunteered to DPS and about 15 seconds later I got an invite. Now let me say this, I have never done a VoA (10 or 25) nor successfully done any 25-man raid. So, I accept a summons because for some reason I haven’t seen the portal from Dalaran appear when we have Wintergrasp in a long time. I ran into the instance and waited with the group for the rest of the people to show up. While waiting I figured it would be a good idea to read the strategy for the fight. It seemed fairly simple: stay out of the spikes, stay out of the cloud things, once in awhile the boss will grab the MT and the OT needs to pick him up and he will random charge someone occasionally. We wiped several times which surprised most of the people in there because apparently it is the easiest raid boss in the game. I was worried I wasn’t doing my part but, with full raid buffs I ended up hitting around 2.3 kDPS. This ranked me around #7 on the charts. So, I was doing my part of the DPS. So, I looked at damage and healing taken and mine was a little higher that other DPS types but, with SoB that is to be expected. We tried three times and failed then the RL said he was dumping people who were not performing and I figured I would be gone but, nope we got some more people in and wiped once and then got it done. I got some gold and a couple emblems. One thing I didn’t like was a ton of lag as soon as spells started flying. Not sure if I should or even can do anything about that.

After returning to Dalaran I bought my badge belt. I put a buckle on it and added a gem to that. I am considering changing out my gloves but I have replaced a lot of my hit with crit rating and am fairly close to the hit cap so I am not sure.

One of our main healers was on so, I was hoping to get a heroic in but, he wanted to work on his holy paladin to better heal raids. We ended up going to HoS and walking through that easy. After that I signed off for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment